I wrote a long time ago about working so hard to create a product that is worthy of the best critics that you dilute a good, simple idea into something not even worthy of the smallest critics.
This couldn't be more true in my business. We sell a product that has lovers and haters. That's is what I LIKE! Selling to people who "get it" or are dissatisfied with the status quo is soo much easier than trying to be something we're not to sell to people that probably wouldn't be good paying customers anyway.
We are the best solution in the world for some people. Not all. And that is the way we like it. I always need to recap our "why"..."Why do we exisit in the first place?". Here's why:
- We believe that the conventional wisdom of finding talent based solely on a resume is fundamentally flawed.
- We believe that the smartest companies and candidates are above and beyond the old methods of public job boards, classifieds and impersonal email methods.
- We believe that top Generation Y talent is critical to the future success of any company, especially in a constantly evolving, global information and knowledge based economy.
- We believe that candidates who prove their dedication through academic achievement should gain exclusive attention by the best companies. We believe we cannot be everything to everyone.
- We believe that beyond a threshold of minimum credentials, it is up to a candidate to demonstrate their current and future value to any organization.
- We believe that inexperience should be viewed as an opportunity for the smartest companies to gain fresh insight and to develop their future leaders.
- We believe that the smartest companies are always looking for fresh talent to bring new ideas, value and to change the status quo.
- We believe that if we give candidates the right tools, they can get the attention of any company they desire.
- We believe that there is no magic bullet for finding the best people for the job and no technology will take the place of authentic connections between candidates and companies.
- We believe that we are about to change the way companies find and hire Generation Y talent.
That’s why. If we’re talking to you, then let’s go shake things up.