Or are there a lot...really, a lot of people out there with your same problem? Questions to ask yourself about potential customers to validate your great idea:
- Are they openly telling people of their problem in many different public venues? (message boards, twitter, facebook)
- Are they locked into bad solutions and can't move easily? (utilities, wireless contracts)
- Are they locked by geography or platform or demographic? (.NET sites, income)
- Are they averse to change or creatures of habit to bad systems? (some academics, luddites)
- Are they showing signs that they follow the herd? (online profile addicts, early adopters, high schoolers)
If your Yes answers bookend like this:
You've got an opportunity.